Saturday, October 22, 2011

Book Review: The Girl Who Played With Fire


How impressive is this: my last post was about book 1 in the Stieg Larsson series and I've managed to read the second book as my next post! Ok, well sure, it's been a while since I've posted at all, but the point is, I love this series!! It's so good, although I have to take a break before reading the final book to focus on my studies. This semester has been killing me with four research projects along with numerous readings every day, ugh!
Anyway, back to the book. The second installment of the Lisbeth Salander series, The Girl Who Played With Fire, leaves off where the first book ended and promises a great ride and adventure that surrounds Lisbeth being accused of a double homicide.  As she goes into hiding at the same time trying to get revenge on people who have made her life awful, many allies come to her defense in the investigation, including her old partner and awkward lover, Mikael Blomkvist.  We learn more about minor characters from the first book including Lisbeth's on and off lesbian lover Miriam Wu, her guardian Holger Palmgren, and the mysterious Zala.

I enjoyed this book just as much as the first and would recommend it to anyone who likes reading about female empowerment.  Once again, Larsson has delivered a great read.  I haven't rented the second film in the Swedish movie series yet, but I plan on it sometime this week, so look for a movie review as well.

What good books have you read lately??

Stephanie, WWT

No comments:

Post a Comment