Sunday, January 30, 2011

Movie Review - The Green Hornet

Originally I hadn't planned on seeing this movie, but a friend invited me and I desperately needed to get out of my room after two snow days in a row. I was actually pleasantly suprised and had a great night.


Now, I am a huge fan of superhero action movies, but I was going to pass on this one. I would never picture Seth Rogan playing the role of a fit, action hero, but he pulled it off really well.  His character, Britt Reid, aka the Green Hornet included some of the normal Seth Rogan attitude and humor, but was not obnoxious at all and gave the movie real character. As Britt simultaneously takes charge (somewhat) of his deceased father's newspaper company while fighting crime posing as a villain he learns some secrets behind his father's life.



A week or two before the movie premiered I was fortunate enough to catch some of the old Green Hornet shows on SyFy.  Yes, they're old by today's standards, but they were great in my opinion.  The movie version is updated and modern, and seemed like more of a comedy to me. I think it did the tv series justice.



And who can forget Kato, the amazing, genius, coffee making, kick-ass sidekick/partner? Every aspect of the movie including the magnificent Black Beauty, the evil villain Chudnovsky, played by Christoph Waltz, the cool, suave costumes, and action sequences make this a really enjoyable movie to see. Now I wouldn't nominate it for best picture, but it made my movie night worth it. Go see this movie if you want laughs, humor, and an all-around good time!

Stephanie, WWT

No comments:

Post a Comment