Sunday, April 10, 2011

Capogiro Gelato Artisans


Another stop on my Philly food day was Capogiro Gelato Artisans where you can get fantastic gelato, sandwiches, and many other wonderful snacks.  Although it was chilly out and my nose was running when I stepped inside, I couldn't resist and had to get some. After much indicisiveness and 6 or 7 samples later I finally made my decision. For about $4.50 I was able to get a small cup and try two flavors.  Here is a picture of my selection:

1/2 Banana Chocolate gelato + 1/2 Dulce de Leche gelato = heaven

The gelato was simply amazing. I wanted to try all of the flavors, many of which are exotic.  I think they change their menu daily however, so certain flavors may not be available.  The people there are super nice and the guy let me sample about 6 flavors. From what I remember:

Cioccolato Banana = perfect mixture of bananas and chocolate
Bananas Foster = a little bit more banana-ey, I preferred the chocolate
Dulce De Leche = very sweet with a caramel swirl
Mint something?? = can't remember the name but it was very minty, almost like toothpaste
Coffee something?? = also don't remember, but it was okay

I looked on the website to search the names of the types of gelato that I tried, and they already changed the menu! I would suggest looking at their online menu the day you visit so you know ahead of time if they'll have the flavors you're looking for. They only have a couple that seemt to be consistent every day.

I went to the Capogiro in Rittenhouse at 117 South 20th St althought there are 3 more locations I think the others are on 13th and the other is on Walnut somewhere. The atmosphere is one where you could bring a laptop and hang out for the day, or just come with some friends. It's still pretty small, about 10 tables maybe? Overall, it was a nice snack, that I honestly didn't need, but wanted to indulge in anyway. I would definitely go back and hope to catch some more interesting flavors like their basil or avocado flavors, yum!

Have any favorite gelato spots or flavors?
Hopefully warm weather is on the way!!

-Stephanie, WWT

No comments:

Post a Comment