Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mid-Day (or late nite) Snack: Healthy Banana's Foster

Another of my favorites that I recently came up with is my Healthy Banana's Foster!

What you need:

1 Banana
Cinnamon
Honey
Yogurt or Ice Cream (optional) I prefer Blueberry Yogurt!

Instructions:
1. Cut banana slices and put them in a microwaveable bowl

2. Drizzle honey on top and add however much cinnamon you like. I personally love cinnamon so I pretty much cover my banana slices

3. Heat for about 20 - 30 seconds in the microwave
If slices aren't soft and mushy, put them back in to make sure they caramelize and you get that nice banana flavor

Top with some yogurt for a breakfast or mid-day snack (personally I love blueberry, for some reason it really goes well!) or ice cream for a more dessert-like snack. Or, you can just eat it plain!
P.S. If your slices are thinner, it gets mushy faster! I love that mushy banana taste that really brings out the sweetness of the banana. Mmm, delicious...



Let me know what you think! This is fast and easy to make, but gives you that dessert like banana taste and can be embellished with ice cream for a truly delightful, yet healthy snack!

Enjoy!

-Stephanie, WWT

No comments:

Post a Comment