Saturday, January 21, 2012

Kara's Take II

I have been back to Kara's Cupcakes in Walnut Creek now a couple of times as well as the one located in Ghiradelli Square, San Francisco.  I thought I should do an updated review too! So here are my new cupcake discoveries.

SF trip cupcakes:
Fleur de Sel (top left), PB&J (top right), and Key Lime Pie (bottom)


My Favorite = The Key Lime Pie one by a longshot!!

The cake was so moist and had a key lime filling which was sweet and tangy. The bottom was a graham cracker crust and it was topped with a cream cheese like frosting and little sprinkles and of course a fondant flower cut-out. It was seasonal, so if you see it in the summertime, GET IT!!


Doesn't that just look like heaven?


Worst Cupcake = PB&J

I like cupcakes, but this one was not a star. I had such high hopes for it too! Like the Key Lime, this flavor was limited-time only (thank god!). It was supposed to have a peanut butter frosting on top and a strawberry (jelly) filling. Unfortunately it was super dry and not very flavorful :(



Boo :(

The one cool thing was the Kara's Cupcake-mobile thing outside of the shop. They had a father's day display in the window :)



Even though I was graced with a dry, unastonishing cupcake, it will not deter me from going back to Kara's. I find their seasonal flavors to be very good, and I still have my filled favorites.  They remain the Banana Caramel and the Key Lime. I also tried the mini versions of the Java Chip and the Raspberry Dazzle. Java Chip = eh. Raspberry = pretty good.

Go find a Kara's if you live in California and pick out your favorites!

Stephanie, WWT

No comments:

Post a Comment