Friday, June 3, 2011

Wafels and Dinges, huh??

Don't let the name confuse you! Wafels and Dinges is a delicious Belgian Waffle Food Truck located in various places throughout each week in New York!



I scouted it's location out beforehand and headed over to the Times Square area to find it. Hoping my directions were right, i was delighted to spot the big, bold, yellow truck with surprisingly, no line!! I just walked straight up, had a chat with the super friendly guys making fresh waffles and ordered.

The menu is a little intimidating at first and they have two main types of waffles, the Liege, and the Brussels.  From there, you can decide upon different variations, create your own with multiple toppings, or try "de Throwdown Wafel" made famous by Bobby Flay's Throwdown competition. 



I was feeling more on the savory side because I hadn't eaten any breakfast, so I opted for "de Bacon Wafel," a nice, crunchy Brussels waffle with bacon pieces baked inside of the waffle, topped with butter, powdered sugar, and my favorite topping of all...maple syrup!!

My bacon waffle!

Overall, the waffle was AMAZING!!! The waffle itself was crispy and crunchy on the outside, but unbelievably soft, moist, and warm on the inside. It wasn't soggy or too hard, just... perfect.  The butter and maple syrup toppings weren't dangerously flooding the cardboard box it came in and were very lightly added so as not to completely soak the waffle.  It was like, breakfast perfection!  I would highly recommend trying one if you happen to see the truck on the streets of NYC. Or look up the location beforehand, I think they have multiple trucks/smaller carts that rotate around the city. 


Fresh waffles, yum!

One of their specialties is their 'spekuloos' spread, which I did not have on my waffle (I'll have to go back again and try it!).  I have had a similar spread and the best way I can describe it is a smooth buttery, gingerbread like, graham cracker, spread.  If you've ever had Biscoff/Lotus cookies, it is similar to the spread that you can get with them. Wafels and Dinges has their own authentic spekuloos which you can purchase in your own jar to put on you waffles at home!

Enjoy! And I'll have more posts coming soon. I've been super busy lately!

-Stephanie, WWT

No comments:

Post a Comment