Monday, June 20, 2011

The Way to Happiness: A common sense guide to better living

A while ago I was exploring different philosophies and religions and came across a publication titled The Way to Happiness on a Scientology website. IN NO WAY am I claiming to be a scientologist or anything! I decided to request my free guide to see what it was all about. What I found, was a guide that could appeal to everyone, that does not preach one religion, nor is associated with a Scientology doctrine.

In order to prove to you that I am not extreme, radical, or crazy in any way, here is the explanation taken from the back of the booklet:

"This may be the first nonreligious moral code based wholly on common sense. It was written by L. Ron Hubbard as an individual work and is not part of any religious doctrine."

Yes, it was written by Hubbard, the scientologist guy, but when I read the guide, I found bits and pieces of wisdom that can be helpful to anyone, no matter what you believe in.
I've decided to share from each point, the important things that I took away from the booklet, in the hopes that others might find some knowledge as well.

I will update posts with each main point described and my favorite parts of them in the weeks/months to come. I hope you will enjoy them and take away something meaningful. Then maybe we can all add a little more happiness into our lives :)

Stephanie, WWT

No comments:

Post a Comment