Thursday, April 22, 2010

Banana Chips?

So, I was eating banana chips this morning and was wondering why I never attempted to make them myself! So for anyone else who wants to try, I found some recipes online. I won't be able to make them until I get back home to my kitchen, but if anyone attempts either of these, let me know what you think!

First recipe:
• 5 Raw Bananas (peeled)
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
• Oil for deep-frying
• Salt to taste


• Put the peeled bananas in salted iced water.
• Chop the bananas in water and add turmeric.
• Keep in water for 10 minutes and then drain out water completely.
• Transfer to a kitchen cloth to remove the moisture.
• Heat oil till it starts fuming.
• Deep-fry the slices till almost crisp. Add few slices at a time.
• Prepare paste of 1/2 tsp water and 1/4 tsp salt.
• Add this paste to oil. This will make the slices crispier.
• Repeat the procedure for remaining slices.
• Drain the chips on an absorbent paper.
• Cool and store them in an airtight container.

Found on: http://www.indobase.com/recipes/details/banana-chips.php




Second Recipe:

2 large firm DOLE® Bananas
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Cut bananas diagonally into 1/8-inch thin slices. Dip banana slices into fresh lemon juice. Place slices on baking sheets sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.

Bake at 200 degrees F, 2 hours.

Turn slices over; continue baking 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until slices are crisp.

Remove slices to wire rack and cool completely. Store in airtight container

Source: Dole Food Company

Found on: http://www.recipelink.com/mf/31/36446

Make sure to let me know how your attempts come out!! Or if you know a better recipe, please share!

Stephanie, WWT

No comments:

Post a Comment