Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Food Revolution!!

I'm sure most people have heard of Jamie Oliver and his food revolution by now. The abc show focused on the town of Huntington, WV which was supposedly the most unhealthy town in the United States. I myself have watched every episode so far and think what Jamie is doing is wonderful! So many people do not realize that proper nutrition is so essential to living a healthy lifestyle.



If you believe that the food revolution is a great thing too sign the petition to show your support. I did, and am proud to say that California has the most signatures out of every state so far! Way to go!

I have already made the move to drink less sugary drinks and have pretty much cut out soda from my diet altogether except on special occasions. I've also chosen to skip the chocolate milk, and drink the skim non-fat milk after what I saw on the show. Here's a tip: if you want a soda just remember that one individual bottle is most likely 2 servings, so that 26 grams of sugar listed on the label, is actually 64 grams (from an individual Sprite bottle). I don't know about you but I'd rather eat a sugary dessert instead!

Simple things like this can significantly alter our diets without eliminating the things we love. I can't wait to get back to my home kitchen and start cooking! What are you doing to stay healthy?

Eat your vegetables!

-Stephanie, WWT

No comments:

Post a Comment